BiNA Office Furniture • Call: 516-248-5858
Office Floor Plan Space PlanningQuite often people visit us and haven't yet considered the most important aspect in buying office furniture — will this desk fit into my office? How many chairs or desks I fit into a room? How many people can work in this office space?
Fortunately, at BiNA Office Furniture, we have all the answers! Just come in with a general idea of your available space and we can do the rest.
But if you're a do-it-yourself type, these steps below can serve as a simple guide to making your own office space plan.
Let us know, how it works for you!
How to Draw a Floor Plan
- Use a graph pad where each square on the paper equals one quarter of an inch (four squares equal one inch) or create your own grid of equal squares on a blank sheet of paper
- Imagine each square represents one foot (12 inches)
- Measure the length of one wall with the tape measure
- Draw a line on the graph paper to represent this length of wall by counting the squares. For example: The wall is eight feet six inches long. Count out eight and a half squares.
- Measure the length of each wall around the room
- Measure the length of each door and window opening (without frames) from the corner of the closest wall and add to the drawing
- Draw windows as double lines and doors with a line and an arc
- Measure the length and widths of all built in fixtures such as counters and add to your plan
- Measure the length and width of each piece of furniture for this room with the tape measure
- Draw the furniture on another sheet of graph paper - the squares represent 12 inches
- Cut out the individual pieces of furniture with scissors
- Glue or tape the cut outs onto a piece of cardboard for weight
- Move the cut out furniture around on your plan to decide on a suitable arrangement
SuggestedDid You Know: Most Office Furniture we sell is FACTORY assembled, so NO work for you!
Graph paper, tape measure, pencil, scissors, cardboard, glue stick or tape
No Need to Do it Yourself
Visit BiNA Office Furniture, we can help you with your space planning needs
BiNA Discount Office Furniture Online: How To Draw A Floor Plan to Scale
Discount Office Furniture Specials
Need More Medical Patient File Storage?
You Are Where You Work
Shopping for Office Furniture on Long Island?
BiNA Discount Office Furniture, Long Island
LIRR Mineola Train Schedule Changing Sept 2010
Beautiful Wood Workstation; Cockpit U-Shape Desk
Need to Expand Your Office Space?
Shopping Tips for Home Office Computer Desk
Organizing Filing and Storage in your Office
Curved Front Reception Desk Sale